Vice President of China visits Mongolia
On the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Mongolia and the People’s Republic of China, Vice President of China Wang Qisan, paid a visit to Mongolia at the invitation of Prime Minister U.Khurelsukh on July 10-12.
Park golf development in Mongolia discussed
Chairman of Citizens’ Representatives Khural of Ulaanbaatar R.Dagva received the representatives of Park Golf Association of Korea including President Lee Geumyong, Secretary Lee Keyong Ho, Vice Presidents Kang Ki Yung and Tung Soo Young.
Revenue of rail and road transport increases
In the first half of 2019, 33.2 million tons of freight and 90.9 million passengers (double counting) were carried in total by all type of transport. Compared to the same period of previous year, the carried freight decreased by 0.5 percent and the number of carried passengers decreased by 10.5 percent.
National currency in circulation reaches MNT 937.1 billion
The money supply reached MNT 20.2 trillion at the end of June 2019, showing a decrease of 0.3 percent from the previous month, while it shows an increase of MNT 16.7 percent from the same period of previous year.
Registered unemployed decreased by 10 percent
At the end of June 2019, the Labor and Social Protection Services Agencies have registered 33.3 thousand job seekers, 69.1 percent of which were unemployed and remaining 30.9 percent were employed but looking for a new job.
Mongolia welcomes children from flood-affected districts of Irkutsk
The second stage of the assistance campaign for the victims of the flood in Irkutsk region initiated by the United Alumni Council of Mongolia (UACM) is running successfully.
President receives invitation to visit Kazakhstan
President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev sent an invitation to the President of Mongolia Kh.Battulga to visit Kazakhstan.
National off-road race to be organized
Mongolian Off-Road Federation (MOF) will host the ‘RFC Mongolia 2019’ (Rainforest Challenge) international tournament between July 21 and 26. Organizers of the event gave press briefing today.
Deputy Foreign Minister receives Spanish Ambassador
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs B.Battsetseg received the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Spain to Mongolia Rafael Dezcallar today, on July 17.
NEMA to cooperate with Hungarian disaster management authority
National Emergency Management Agency signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the National Directorate General for Disaster Management (NDGDM) of Hungary today, on July 17.
Special event on climate change organized at the UN Headquarters
During the High-Level Political Forum on the Sustainable Development Goals, Permanent Mission of Mongolia to the United Nations in cooperation with the UN Economic and Social Commission for the Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) organized a special event themed ‘Strengthening management and participation in the fight against climate change’ on July 10.
Beavers relocated in Terelj River
The Environmental Authority of Ulaanbaatar in cooperation with the Gorkhi-Terelj National Park Administration relocated two pairs or four beavers in Terelj River which flows into Tuul River.
Official copies of letters of Mongol khans to Popes received
On July 9, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs received official copies of letters of khans of the Ilkhanate to the Popes.
First round of wrestling tournament starts
Annual wrestling tournament dedicated to the celebration of national Naadam festival started at the Central Stadium.
Naadam festival begins
National Naadam festival officially opened with the arrival of Nine White Banners to the Central Stadium, which was carried out all the way from Sukhbaatar square.
Foreign Minister receives Vice Foreign Minister of China
On July 10, Minister of Foreign Affairs D.Tsogtbaatar received Vice Foreign Minister of China Luo Zhaohui and exchanged views on bilateral relations and cooperation.
Chinese Vice President’s visit to Mongolia begins
Vice President of China Wang Qisan, who is paying visit to Mongolia at the invitation of Prime Minister U.Khurelsukh, arrived in Ulaanbaatar on July 10.
‘Mongolian pride’ exhibition opens
Photo exhibition titled ‘Mongolian pride’ opened on the occasion of the 2228th anniversary of the Statehood, 813th anniversary of the Great Mongol Empire, 98th anniversary of the People’s Revolution and Naadam festival.
State Flag Day celebrated with military parade
On the occasion of the State Flag Day, a military parade was held at Sukhbaatar square today, on July 10.
Yolanda Fernandez Lommen: Current ADB Country Partnership Strategy for Mongolia is the largest allocation of ADB funding since we started operations in the country