Exhibition exudes artistic sensibility opens at Khaan Art Gallery
Young painter O.Zolbootuguldur has opened her fourth solo exhibition ‘Process’ at the Khaan Art Gallery.
New sanitorium to provide free medical services to elders
At the initiative of ‘Tsolmon Foundation’ of representative of Citizens’ Representative Meeting of the Capital city B.Tsolmon, a traditional medicine sanitorium for elders has been put into operation in Songinokhairkhan district on January 15.
First state flag raised in Antarctica handed over to President
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ On January 16, President of Mongolia Kh.Battulga received head of Antarctica Research Center, researcher, Sc.D L.Dugerjav.
Customs revenue to state budget reached MNT 2.7 trillion
The Mongolian customs organization accumulated MNT 2.7 trillion to the state budget in 2018, overperforming their target revenue collection by 124 percent or MNT 538 billion, reported during Customs Authorities Symposium held yesterday.
Gross industrial output increases by 21 percent last year
By preliminary results of 2018, the gross industrial output reached MNT 15.7 trillion, showing an increase of MNT 2.7 trillion (21.0percent) from the previous year.
Foreign trade turnover shows increase of USD 2.3 billion in 2018
In 2018, Mongolia traded with 156 countries from all over the world and total trade turnover reached USD 12.9 billion, where exports was USD 7.0 billion and imports was USD 5.9 billion.
Mongolia receives more than 598 thousand tourists in 2018
In 2018, 6.1 million passengers (double counting) have crossed the border of Mongolia, increased by 153.7 thousand or 2.6percent compared to the previous year. Of inbound passengers, 39.5percent were crossed through Zamiin-Uud, 17.8percent were crossed through Buyant-Ukhaa, 11.8percent were crossed through Gashuunsukhait, 11.3percent were crossed through Altanbulag, 6.1percent were crossed through Shiveekhuren, 13.4percent were crossed through other border points.
Registered unemployed decreases by 1.9 percent in 2018
At the end of December 2018, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have registered 36.2 thousand job seekers, of which 25.0 thousand or 69.0 percent were unemployed and remaining 11.2 thousand or 31.0 percent were employed but looking for a new job.
Population growth of 61.6 thousand observed in 2018
According to the preliminary result, the population of the Mongolia reached 3.2 million persons at the end of 2018 and growth of 61.6 thousand persons (1.9 percent) observed from the previous year.
Travelers warned not to drive across frozen Khuvsgul lake
The Professional Inspection Department of Khuvsgul aimag has issued a warning for citizens not to drive on the frozen Khuvsgul lake at night.
Orkhon aimag to strengthen disaster management through project
Aimed at reducing disaster risks, improving disaster management and enhancing disaster resilience, the World Vision International will implement a project ‘Disaster Resilient City’ in six baghs of Bayan-Undur soum of Orkhon aimag.
Temperature to remain constant
Slight snow and blizzard are expected in northern areas of western aimag and in some areas of central aimags on January 17, in eastern parts of central aimags and in northern parts of eastern aimags on January 18.
Retail price of gasoline cut by 100 tugrug
Cabinet Secretariat of Government of Mongolia reported Monday that retail prices of AI-80, AI-92 gasoline and diesel fuel would be lowered by 100 tugrug per liter starting from January 15.
Micro project for export of agricultural products to be implemented
On January 12, Program Manager of Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration in Asia of the German Federal Enterprise for International Cooperation (GIZ) Magnus C.M.Brod held a meeting with officials of the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry.
Stock Exchange renews the TOP-20 index composition
The TOP-20 index composition for the year 2019 has been renewed in accordance with the MSE “Regulation on Securities Index Calculation”.
Turkish company to construct wastewater treatment plant in Dornogobi
Construction work of Sainshand wastewater treatment plant will commence in March, 2019, reported Governor of Dornogobi aimag T.Enkhtuvshin on January 11.
Dornod aimag organizes annual event for promoting camel culture
An event ‘Camel Culture- 2019’ took place in Bulgan soum of Dornod aimag on the weekend of January 12 and 13.
Yolanda Fernandez Lommen: Current ADB Country Partnership Strategy for Mongolia is the largest allocation of ADB funding since we started operations in the country