SKYTRAX Awards 4 Stars to Chinggis Khaan International Airport

2024-04-19 12:35:24

Ulaanbaatar, April 18, 2024 /MONTSAME/. For the first time in Mongolia's civil aviation sector history, Chinggis Khaan International Airport has been awarded the prestigious 4-Star Airport quality rating by SKYTRAX. The Certification Ceremony was held in Frankfurt, Germany, on April 18, 2024.

Headquartered in London, Great Britain, the Skytrax international research rating organization was established in 1989. Their assessments apply ratings to over 800 customer-facing areas of airport products and services. These include terminal design, cleanliness, maintenance, and customer service. Ratings range from 1 to 5 stars.

A Mongolian-Japanese Joint Venture, New Ulaanbaatar International Airport, was established on July 1, 2019, to manage Chinggis Khaan International Airport. The New Ulaanbaatar International Airport is a partnership between two companies: Khushigiin Khundii Airport, a Mongolian state-owned company, holds a 49 percent stake, and Japan Airport Management, representing Japanese interests, holds the remaining 51 percent stake.