Erdenes Tavantolgoi will not turn down decisionEconomy | Mining
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ “Erdenes Tavantolgoi” JSC called a press conference Thursday in concern of the current situation with the staff. It has been agreed to transfer 203 personnel, working in East Tsankhi mine, to “TTJVCo” company, without any changes in their salaries and working conditions, said acting executive director of the company B.Batbileg. “We will not draw back this decision”, he stressed.
The staff of the Erdenes Tavantolgoi’s East Tsankhi, worked under management of an Australian company, demonstrated a stay-down strike on October 19, protesting against their transfer to management of a Chinese company. Head of the Labor Union S.Erdene had announced the strike was due to the company’s cancelling of the collective bargaining. "In case the company does not accept our notice, we will run public demonstration”, he had been warning. The strike involved 130 workers.
After this press conference, the stay-down has stopped. However, according to the workers, the labor union and Erdenes Tavantolgoi have reached no agreement on this matter. The stay-down will advance after a while, they said.