Women make up 53 percent of total registered unemployed

Society
unurzul@montsame.gov.mn
2019-12-13 15:24:47

Ulaanbaatar/MONTSAME/. In the first 11 months of 2019, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have recorded 76.9 thousand newly unemployed and 22.5 thousand registered persons were hired on a new job. Due to inactive job seeking, 58.2 thousand persons were removed from the Unemployment Register. Compared to the same period of the previous year, newly registered unemployed were decreased by 4.8 thousand persons or 5.9%, the number of persons removed from Unemployment Register due to inactivity were decreased by 3.4 thousand or 5.5% and the number of persons hired on a new job increased by 1.1 thousand persons or 5.4%.


At the end of November 2019, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies had 36.1 thousand registered job seekers, of which 21.1 thousand or 58.6% were registered unemployed and the remaining 15.0 thousand or 41.4% were employed but looking for a new job.


Registered unemployed decreased by 3.0 (12.6%) thousand from the previous year and decreased by 775 (3.5%) from the previous month. A breakdown by gender shows that 11.2 thousand or 53.0% were women among the total number of registered unemployed. By region, 7.4 thousand unemployed or 35.2% of total registered unemployed were in Ulaanbaatar, 4.8 thousand or 22.6% were in Khangai region, 4.2 thousand or 20.0% were in Western region, 2.6 thousand or 12.4% were in Central region, and 2.1 thousand or 9.8% were in Eastern region.


From total registered unemployed, at the national level, 368 or 1.7% were with disabilities, of which 178 or 48.4% were women.

In November 2019, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies had recorded 7.9 thousand new unemployed. By the reasons for new registered unemployed, the highest percentage or 57.2% were people who dismissed from their jobs.

For registered unemployed by level of educational attainment at the end of November 2019, 50.4% had high school education, 28.3% had diploma or bachelor degree, 6.2% had technical and vocational training, 5.9% had a secondary education, 4.6% had special secondary education, 2.2% had elementary school education, 1.4% had no education and 1.0% had masters and higher level of education.


From total registered unemployed at the national level, more than half or 56.4% was accounted for young people aged 15-34. This rate was 0.3-9.7 points higher in Umnugovi, Khentii, Khovd, Dornogovi, Govisumber, Bayankhongor, Tuv, Dornod, Dundgovi, Govi-Altai, Selenge, Arkhangai, Uvurkhangai, Orkhon and Khuvsgul aimags than the national average.

 

Source: National Statistics Office