Event program for the 80th anniversary of the Victory of Khalkhin Gol BattleKhalkh Gol-80
1. A quiz competition and Russian language Olympiad among students of general education schools.
2. A round trip, meeting and events of Mongolian and Russian warriors and young people under a theme ‘On the Pathway of a Heroic Friendship’.
3. A round table discussion and meeting themed ‘Historic Significance of the Victory’ of scientists and researchers.
4. Restoration of the monuments of Soviet warriors in Ulaanbaatar as well as the combatant headquarters of Marshal Georgy Zhukov in the Khalkhgol basin, Dornod and Khentii aimags and monuments of Mongolian and Soviet warriors in rural areas.
5. Singing and poetry contests under themes about military and homeland.
1. To award Khalkhin Gol veterans with the highest state prize. The Ministry of Defense of Mongolia, Mongolian Association for Elderly People, and the governors of the capital city and aimags are to co-organize the event.
1. To organize a visit of President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin to Mongolia and his participation in an event dedicated to the victory. This will be the Russian President’s fourth visit to Mongolia if he accepts the invitation.
2. The victory of the Khalkhin Gol Battle is a celebration of both countries. Thus, a Mongolian delegation will attend the event dedicated to the 80th anniversary to be held in Moscow.
3. The 80th anniversary celebration will also take place in the Siberian Military District. Welcoming the celebration, an exhibition of renowned painters was held in Irkutsk, Russia last month.
4. There are many veterans who have made great contributions to the national liberation war. We should never forget anyone who has created history as we often remember everything about the history. Therefore, we will invite veterans from rural areas.
5. An anniversary meeting and honorary concert will take place.
Films and play about Mongolian and Russian warriors
This year marks the 80th anniversary of the Victory of Khalkhin Gol Battle. The anniversary celebration committee devised a plan of action at its meeting. The plan features the creation of feature, historical, and documentary films and a play about Mongolian and Russian warriors for the public.
Russia's ‘Lenfilm’ studio has started making a historical film about Khalkhin Gol Battle in Mongolia. The film will be a joint creation of Mongolian, Russian, and Chinese artists. Moreover, the A. V. Alexandrov Academic Song and Dance Ensemble will perform a concert in Ulaanbaatar.
Many amazing events including firework displays and military performance are planned. The air show is the most remarkable one. During an annual conference of the Ministry of Defense of Russia, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu reaffirmed that the Swifts aerobatic demonstrator team will participate in the anniversary event.
In July, the President will receive veterans that made great contributions to the national liberation war and will award them with the highest state prize. The Ministry of Defense of Mongolia, Mongolian Association for Elderly People, and aimag and capital city governors are in charge of this work. The restoration of combatant headquarters of Marshal Georgy Zhukov in the Khalkhin Gol basin, Dornod and Khentii aimags and monuments of Mongolian and Soviet warriors in rural areas and construction of memorials to warriors whose names are unknown are being carried out intensively.
Round trip and meeting
Between June and August, on the occasion of the 80th anniversary, a meeting and a round trip themed ‘On the Pathway of a Heroic Friendship’ will be organized. Mongolian and Russian young people will take part in the trip. They will visit historical attractions including the Mongolian Military Museum. The fight of the warriors of the two countries for the sovereignty of Mongolia 80 years back has now become a bridge between Mongolian and Russian youths, opening up new opportunities for further cooperation.