Chevening Scholarship to be extended
On October 12, Minister of Education, Culture, Science and Sports Ts.Tsogzolmaa held a meeting with Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United Kingdom to Mongolia Philip Malone, where they exchanged views on education sector of the two countries.
Redevelopment project of Khalkhgol soum center commences
In frames of the Mongolian-Russian joint celebration of the 80th anniversary of the Battles of Khalkhin Gol, a New Soum project will be implemented to redevelop the Khalkhgol Soum Center.
Number of Vietnamese tourists to Mongolia increases by 28.4 percent
In the first 9 months of 2018, 4.6 million passengers (double counting) have crossed the border of Mongolia, increased by 68.2 thousand or 1.5% compared to the same period of the previous year.
Registered unemployed decreases by 1.2 thousand from previous year
At the end of September 2018, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have registered 34.0 thousand job seekers, of which 24.2 thousand or 71.1 percent were unemployed and remaining 9.8 thousand or 28.9 percent were employed but looking for a new job.
Industrial output reaches MNT 11.2 trillion
In the first 9 months of 2018, the gross industrial output reached MNT 11.2 trillion, showing an increase of MNT 1.8 trillion (18.8%) from the same period of the previous year.
Export reaches USD 611.5 million as of September
In the first 9 months of 2018, Mongolia traded with 152 countries from all over the world and total trade turnover reached USD 9.6 billion, where exports was USD 5.3 billion and imports was USD 4.4 billion.
Project launched to transform dumpsite into forest
Within the Memorandum of Understanding established between Mayors of Incheon city of Korea and Ulaanbaatar, afforestation project launched in the 21st Khoroo of Songinokhairkhan district on October 13.
Mongolian team claims four medals at Asian Para Games
As of October 12, Mongolian National Team claimed a total of four medals including one silver and three bronze medal at the 2018 Asian Para Games.
Int'l conference 'Deliberative Democracy in Asia' taking place in Ulaanbaatar
The international conference on “Deliberative Democracy in Asia” is taking place at the Library of National University of Mongolia on October 11-12.
Khuvsgul aimag to develop traditional medicine in cooperation with Ordos city
With the aim to develop traditional medicine combining with modern medicine, Khuvsgul aimag is to cooperate with Ordos City of Inner Mongolia, People’s Republic of China.
National Day of Tree Planting to be marked this Saturday
In accordance with the Presidential Decree No. 63 issued on April 14, 2010, the National Day of Tree Planting will be marked on Saturday, October 13, 2018.
Health Minister D.Sarangerel attending 69th session of WHO Regional Committee
Representing Mongolia, Minister of Health D.Sarangerel is attending the 69th Session of the World Health Organization Regional Committee for the Western Pacific, which is being held from October 8 in Manila, Philippines.
Ekhiin Gol Appeal approved during Gobi Great 6 annual meeting
The Third Meeting of Gobi Great 6 took place at Ekhiin Gol, Shinejinst soum of Bayankhongor aimag at the initiative of the Governor’s Office of Bayankhongor aimag, the Department of Enviroment of Bayan-Ulgii aimag, and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
November 8 and 26 to be public holidays
In accordance with the law on National Public Holidays, Mongolia will observe public holidays on November 8 and November 26.
Mongolian men’s football team to compete against Singaporean team
National Men’s Football Team departed for Singapore on Monday, October 8.
Mongolian team won first medal from Asian Para Games
Mongolian team has won its first medal from the 2018 Asian Para Games, which is taking place in Jakarta, Indonesia on October 6-13.
Warmer days ahead
The National Agency of Meteorology and Environmental Monitoring reported that the temperature will rise during the daytime throughout the country.
Minister D.Tsogtbaatar: Introduction of new political culture required for establishment of wealth fund