New cabinet ministers appointedVideo
The 31st Prime Minister of Mongolia U.Khurelsukh has put together his cabinet, approving the newly-appointed cabinet ministers and handed over the copy of the ordinance of the Prime Minister. The new cabinet of Mongolia will have 14 ministries in total, including 6 ministries of general function and 8 sectoral ministries, and 17 ministers.
The newly-appointed cabinet members are:
- Deputy Prime Minister - Ya.Sodbaatar
- Head of Cabinet Secretariat - L.Oyun-Erdene
- Minister of Environment and Tourism - D.Sarangerel
- Minister of Defense - G.Saikhanbayar
- Minister of Foreign Affairs - N.Enkhtaivan
- Minister of Finance - Ch.Khurelbaatar
- Minister of Justice and Internal Affairs - Kh.Nyambaatar
- Minister of Labor and Social Protection - A.Ariunzaya
- Minister of Construction and Urban Development - B.Munkhbaatar
- Minister of Education and Science - L.Tsedevsuren
- Minister of Road and Transport Development - L.Khaltar
- Minister of Culture - S.Chuluun
- Minister Mining and Heavy Industry - G.Yondon
- Minister of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry - Z.Mendsaikhan
- Minister of Energy - N.Tavinbekh
- Minister of Health - T.Munkhsaikhan
Prime Minister Khurelsukh presented the new ministers to President Kh.Battulga.
When appointing the cabinet members, it is said the principle to fill the positions with professional appointment based on the nominees’ qualifications and professional standards has been followed.