Public Hearing on Coal Theft Allegations to be OrganizedPolitics
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/. The Standing Committee on Economy of the State Great Khural will organize a public hearing on the issues of coal shipment and export on December 21.
The public hearing will be held on the following topics:
- Offtake agreements established by “Erdenes Tavantolgoi” JSC that included payment terms of making payments by mineral resources and raw materials and were made in advance and already used;
- The enterprises that mined coking coal in the country and the amount of the output;
- The enterprises that transported coking coal and their revenue;
- Detailed information on the coking coal exported through all border checkpoints of Mongolia.
The hearing will also include the following:
- The issues of the excessive difference between the cost of coking coal on the international market, Mongolia’s export price, and China’s price;
- Whether the difference creates the conditions for corruption and tax evasion by certain persons in both countries;
- How and how much funding was mobilized for the Tavantolgoi-Zunbayan and Tavantolgoi-Gashuunsuhait railway construction projects by the “Erdenes Tavantolgoi” JSC;
- The cost of building each 1 km of these railways.
The public hearing will be chaired by Member of the State Great Khural S. Chinzorig.