Cabinet meeting in briefAbout Mongolia | Society
Ulaanbaatar/MONTSAME/ At its regular meeting on October 3, the Cabinet made the following decisions.
-It was decided to establish ‘Millennium Challenge Account of Mongolia’ which is responsible for ensuring implementation of the Second Compact established between the Government of Mongolia and the Millennium Challenge Corporation of the United States. As a result of three-year active efforts, the sides signed this USD350 million Second Compact on improvement of water supply in Ulaanbaatar city.
- Boundaries of the strategic deposits such as Nariinsukhait coal deposit, Tavantolgoi coal deposit, Shivee-Ovoo coal deposit, Baganuur coal deposit, Tsagaan suvarga and Erdenet copper molybdenum deposits and Burenkhaan phosphorus deposit were approved.
- Development policy cooperation talks between Mongolia and the Federal Republic of Germany will be held on October 8-9 in Ulaanbaatar. Mongolian side intends to discuss about implementing projects and programs through three leading fields ‘Biological diversity’, ‘Sustainable management of mineral resources’ and ‘Energy efficiency’ and bilateral cooperation in other fields.
- It was decided to grant a ‘National quality award’ to the national producer that provides consumers with quality, safe and reliable products and services. In connection, Deputy Prime Minister U.Enkhtuvshin was obliged to approve related regulations and oversee its implementation. The prize is considered to be significant to improve knowledge and awareness of producers, service managers and public about the quality, naturalize international standards in the home country and develop quality of products and their competitiveness at foreign markets.
- Minister of Environment N.Tserenbat will report at National Security Council about conservation of water reserve, prevention of water scarcity and source, quality and safety of drinking water.
- The Cabinet made a decision to set up an administration, responsible for safeguarding, studying and promoting Petroclyphic Complexes of Mongol Altai and Burkhan Khaldun Mount and their surrounding protected areas.
- The Cabinet backed a draft agreement on Transfer of Sentenced Persons between Mongolia and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. When corresponding Standing Committee of Mongolia’s Parliament endorses the draft agreement, Prime Minister will issue an ordinance to authorize signing the agreement.